So shall it be with my father: he shall be
called a prince over his posterity, holding
the keys of the patriarchal priesthood over the kingdom of God on earth, even the Church
of the Latter Day Saints, and he shall sit in the general assembly of patriarchs, even in
council with the Ancient of Days when he shall sit and all the patriarchs with him and shall
enjoy his right and authority under the direction of the Ancient of Days.
First Name:  Last Name: 
[Advanced Search]  [Surnames]

ADAMS, Daniel Stanley[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14]

Male 1894 - 1990  (96 years)  Submit Photo / DocumentSubmit Photo / Document

 Set As Default Person    

Personal Information    |    Media    |    Notes    |    Sources    |    All    |    PDF

  • Name ADAMS, Daniel Stanley 
    Birth 7 Mar 1894  Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah, United States Find all individuals with events at this location  [3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Gender Male 
    WAC 9 Mar 1917  SLAKE Find all individuals with events at this location 
    _TAG Reviewed on FS 
    Death 25 Mar 1990  Ridgefield, Clark, Washington, United States Find all individuals with events at this location  [10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Burial 30 Mar 1990  Salt Lake City Cemetery, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah, United States Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Headstones Submit Headstone Photo Submit Headstone Photo 
    Person ID I46494  Joseph Smith Sr and Lucy Mack Smith
    Last Modified 19 Aug 2021 

    Family ID F24275  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

    Family KARTCHNER, Linda Kay ,   b. 1 Apr 1894, Snowflake, Navajo, Arizona, United States Find all individuals with events at this locationSnowflake, Navajo, Arizona, United Statesd. 11 May 1987, Manti, Sanpete, Utah, United States Find all individuals with events at this location (Age 93 years) 
    Marriage 18 Feb 1920  Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah, United States Find all individuals with events at this location  [2
    +1. Living
    Family ID F14650  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart
    Last Modified 24 Jan 2022 

  • Photos
    Fisher England
    George Wilding and sister Sarah Wilding
    At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.

  • Notes 
    • The following is a brief history of Daniel Stanley Adams, written by himself (with some comments by his son).
      It was taken from a document that had photos in it that need to be added.

      Photo is shown at left. Caption as follows:
      I believe this was the first picture made of me. This was at the age of five. In spite of the fact that mother got a boy when she wanted a girl, she tried to make a girl out of me, (see the curls), to protect me from the rough outdoor life. As I grew up if there was anything hard or objectionable to be done she would tell me to let father or
      my brother do it. I learned to do house work and to cook. (Note by son Bryant Adams: "I was told by my mother, Linda, that if he was told by his father to clean the chicken coop, that his mother would say Oh that is too dirty you make your father do it.-- This was told to me by my mother, Linda, as an example of how a cranky wife did not support her husband. It illustrates the truth of fathers statement above.)

      1894 . . . Born 7 March, to Sisson Alma Dorus Adams and Ellen Lavina Powell at 989 South, 8th East, Salt Lake City.
      1897 . . . Remember seeing my grand mother, Hannah Gove chase on her death bed in July.
      1898 . . . I had two little kittens tied on a leash I was driving them; the neighbors big dog dashed out and killed both of them. I have never liked dogs since then.
      1899 . . . Father moved the family to a large home with some acreage on 17th S. between Main and West Temple where he gardened with my uncle William Powell. Ralph Powell, my cousin, came one day with an air rifle.
      As he sat in a chair the rifle between his knees, I got on the floor and pulled the trigger shooting him in the mouth with beebe shot.
      1900 . . . In November father moved his family and other livestock to Rigby, Idaho by train. We went up to Clark ward, east of Rigby, and lived in an old log cabin belonging to Walter Scholes.
      1901 . . . I got a whipping in school for going too far from school at recess.
      1902 . . . I was a coward, but had a temper. One day after school a bunch of boys waylayed me on my return from school, (we had two miles to walk
      through brush or fields), and attacked me giving me a bloody nose. I immediately started to curse and swear at them, to kick the one on the shins and swing my dinner pail at his head. They all scattered and got away. I was never bothered afterward.
      September 6, Henry Perry baptized me in a canal on hnis place. He confirmed me the next day, Sunday, in Clark Ward.
      1903 . . . Father moved his family to a house of George Hill, who had married father’s father’s third wife, Ellen, uncle Heber’s mother. This place was 1 and a half miles west of Rigby. Here we had better schools;
      1904 . . . Father built us a little house on a 40 acre tract of land a half mile nearer town and moved us into it. There we farmed that land for the next ten years. Our little bedroom was so stuffy and warm, George & I slept
      outside in the summer.
      1905 . . . Lella Marler, the teacher I fell in love with, gave me a book as a reward for her best third grade student.
      1906 . . . My only sister got married to Clarence E. Moore and started their own home in town. With his encouragement I went to Sunday school from
      then on.
      1907 . . . Mother being sickly, I usually cooked breakfast, potatoes or mush and milk and coffee. Mother always drank coffee and I learned to drink it with sugar and cream. This particular morning I made the coffee in a friction-top pail. I started it on the hot stove and while I had my back turned, “bang” went the pail, the lid hit the ceiling and the coffee splattered walls and ceiling. I never drank coffee after that. Incidentally I had learned in church about that time that coffee is not good.
      1908 . . .Peter Later ordained me to the office of a Deacon in the church. I caught and hived a swarm of bees and got interested in beekeeping.
      1909 . . . Our best cow bloated and died. It was a sad day for us as half our living came from cream and butter that cow produced.
      Photo: This picture was taken from my graduation picture when I graduated from the Commercial course in Rigby High, 1912.

      Photo: This was taken shortly after I arrived in the mission field, in North Carolina, 1917.

      1910 . . . Father went to the hills for wood to stay for two days; George & I were given the chores to do including the milking of Old Boss. We had her tied to a plow while we proceeded to clean her udder by throwing water on
      her with a bucket from the ditch. She, not liking this procedure, started off dragging the plow which tipped over against her legs making her run, the plowshare bumped into a hind leg cutting it clear through the tendon. We
      got no milk from her that morning and after that she was of little value as a cow. This gave father the reason for saying that boys were not much good on the farm, and “you leave for a day, and they kill a cow”. — I graduated
      from the 8th grade, quite an event in those days.
      1911 . . . I was secretary of the Rigby Ward Sunday School. I attended regularly. In passing through Henry Hill’s field and yard, where our right-of way-led, one rainy morning he greeted me with, “Well, you’re a bigger fool
      than I thought , wading all this mud to go to Sunday School”. I said nothing but thought that I wouldn’t be worth much to the Lord or anyone else if I let a little mud stop me.
      - - - James J. Chandler gave me my patriarchal blessing. While at his house his little daughter, June, hobbled into the room, (one of her legs had been paralyzed for some time) and said, “father, I think if you will
      administer to me I will get the use of my leg”. He administered and immediately she walked out of the room perfectly healed. I think she was never troubled that way again. - - - -
      1912 . . . After studying diligently for two years I was able to graduate from a three year Commercial Course, from high school. Anna Lott and I were the only two to make it in that time. This was the first or second graduating
      class from the Rigby High. Five others graduated then.
      - - - This summer I worked some on the new high school building at Rigby.
      Up to this time I had gone to school in the old lumber, 4 room building. I also helped father run the farm, raising sugar beets, potatoes, hay and grain.
      Brother George “worked out” each summer.
      Returned to high school to take college prep. Course.
      1913 . . . Had increased my apiary to 30 colonies of bees and was interested in learning more about the business. Answered an add in “Gleanings in Bee Culture” and got a job with “Rocky mountain Bee Co.” in Forsyth, Montana. Worked three months for $40.oo per mo. And board and room.
      This was my first time away from home, and the first time homesick.
      1914 . . . Took my second year in the “Scientific Course” at Rigby High,
      and played basketball. This season we took state championship.
      1915 . . . Graduated from the 4-year course in high school. It took me 3 years. Worked all summer at Ririe in the store of Rigby Hardware Lumber Co. for Clarence Moore who managed that new store. They paid me $50.00 a month cash. Boarded with Clarence and Luella, free. I saved the
      $150.00 to start college that fall at the University of Utah in the School of Engineering. Jos. H. Merrill, later an apostle, was dean of the school.
      Roomed in the basement of Joshua Pauls with Vardis Fisher where we fired the furnace for our room rent. We batched and did not get along too well and our health was not good. - - - At midterm I went to live with Uncle Ezra Adams, 1475 S. Lincoln St. in S.L.C. and walked that 2 miles to school.
      1916 . . . Barnabus L. Adams and Hannah Gove Chase were parents of Alma Dorus, Ezra & Miriam, who respectively were the parents of Stanley, Lorena & Virginia, cousins, shown together in photo.
      Got discouraged and quite school a month early. Mother had been crippled up with arthritis; had spent a month at the Milk Sanitarium at Bountiful (Utah) without much improvement.
      I was ordained a priest July 2 by Riley G. Dixon in Rigby. For the past 8 years I held the office of Deacon but did not attend meetings often; one reason: I being 6 feet tall by 1911 was ashamed to stand for the roll call
      with the little Deacons.
      Stayed home from school term for the first time in my life, helping father and Clarence Moore on their farms. I had helped Clarence contract the harvesting of hay and earned ten tons for my share.
      Took Civil Service test for Postal Carrier, at Idaho Falls, and was appointed the job at the fine salary of $100.00 a month. I would have to get
      a car or horses and buggy to deliver. But during the interval, since the test, had got a call from the Church to a mission to the Sourther States. When I
      told Ted Ellsworth, postmaster at Rigby, that I had accepted the mission he said “You are a fool if you turn down a good job like that to go on a
      mission”. Mother also tried to get me to refuse the mission.
      1917 . . . On 11 February, I was ordained an Elder by James D. Hoggan.
      This winter the snow drifted over the fence tops. March 7, my birthday, Uncle Walter (Scholes) visited us, with part of his family, Amy is the only other one I remember as she and I played snowball on each other. That was in the little house father built on the Ellsworth place one half mile south of the old home and farm which he had given up because George Hill raised the rent on the place to a price that was beyond reason. — The next day I left for my mission; Stopped in Salt Lake.
      March 9 went through the temple for my own endowments.
      March 12 was ordained to office of Seventy by J. Golden Kimball and left the next day by train for north Carolina. In those days they had no school for called missionaries. That would have helped me very much because I
      lacked a testimony of the Restored gospel, however I did not doubt it. - - Charles W. Callis was mission president. I wore a dark brown, instead of a black suit and when he learned that I could not afford another suit at the time he said they should not have sent me into the mission field. I
      scrimped through my mission on as little as possible, to the neglect of best proselyting interests.
      1918 . . . War had been declared against Germany and we were often accused of being German spies. Six of seven of the missionaries, including myself, were laid up with influenza that was widespread at the time. I
      never did completely recover, notably sinus troubles. My weight went from 170 to 130 lbs. (At 6 ft. 2 inches tall). - At home the price of hay went
      from $10 to $40 a ton. I let Clarence Moore have my ten tons (diary says 4.5 tons) to keep me in the mission. I spent only about $25.oo monthly. - -
      There was no system to the missionary work in those days. We were assigned a part of the state and told to get off the beaten trails. We were called in to conferences about twice a year. We tracted through the country, held meetings where we could find it convenient and never returned to re-teach.
      1919 . . . Released from my mission April 9. Went to Chicago and enrolled in a residence class in the College of Drugless Physicians for my health mainly. Got home the 10th of June.
      Went to Salt Lake and met Linda Kartchner and we became engaged.
      1920 . . . Linda and I were married February 18 in the Salt lake Temple.
      We both attended school at the U. of U. that winter. We spent the summer in Rigby and vicinity working at different things.
      Our first child , Flora, was born November 7. We were then in Salt Lake where I was attending the U. of U.
      1921 . . . Out of funds. Linda graduated from the U.. I got a job from Ralph Todd running their 500 colonies of bees on Kannah Creek in Colorado, for $150 per month. We lived in a one room cabin there for six months then we returned to Salt Lake for school. Each summer we returned to Colorado to run the bees.
      1923 . . . Our first son, Daniel Stanley, was born in Salt lake February 19, 1923
      1924 . . . Graduated from the U. of U. Was offered job as principal of
      school in Somerset, Colorado for $2,400 a year but it was a rough mining town and there was a dangerous stream by the teacherage that would be a constant danger for the children. Made us decide to go into Seminary work,
      so we went to Manassa, Colorado to teach Seminary at a salary of $1,800.
      Margaret was born in Manassa, September 10 1924.
      1926 . . . Alma Dorus Was born January 25, in Manassa, Colo. - - Linda wanted to get back to Utah so we asked for and got transferred to Grantsville to start the Seminary there.
      1927 . . . Orrin Karl was born at Grantsville. I am not satisfied with my Seminary work. I got some bees to run as an avocation. I went to Alpine Summer School with the Seminary teachers.
      1929 . . . Went to Provo to BYU half time and taught in Provo Seminary half time then returned to Grantsville to teach and run the bees.
      1930 . . . Marva was born November 7. When about 7 weeks old she
      contracted pneumonia and died December 25. She is buried in the Grantsville cemetery. My father has been with us and helped us this summer and winter.
      1931 . . . We bought a nice home on First North in Grantsville, We have over 100 colonies of bees and extract honey in the porch of the house and
      store it in the basement. We made as much from the honey this years as we did from teaching seminary. The Depression was on but we did not feel it.
      I remembered my Patriarchal blessing which said I would not want for this worlds goods. We bought our home from the bank for $1,00. During the depression many homes were taken over by the banks.
      1932 . . . Don Carlos was born January 25. Ralph Todd and his father called on us to try to get me to move over north of Salt Lake and run their bees. Although I had been trying to get into some other profession and get
      out of Seminary teaching, their offer did not look good to me. I had bees of my own also. However I had all that Tooele county could support and we
      had reached the place of diminishing returns.
      1933 . . . I asked for a transfer and was given a contract in the East Jordan Seminary. We moved to Sandy and rented a house in the First Ward where I became the Explorer leader for one of the first Senior Scout groups. I had
      about 10 fine boys and I doubt if there was a more successful Explorer group in the Church that year and the next..

      Photo of the second Sandy home on State Street with the family in front. Larry was the baby at that time. The following summer we moved to our place on Tenth East.
      1934 . . . Larry was born November 7.
      Photo of six boys in a pyramid in front of brick house on tenth east. There was always something doing there. The 40 acres we rented to farm was just across the road from this house. This picture was taken about
      1939, the year we raised 15 tons of tomatoes, no, the year after because we left there during the summer of ‘39. ??

      1935 . . . We bought an acre and an old brick house from Charles Greenwood on tenth East, Sandy. A brother Rawson helped us remodel and build on to the brick and we made an 8 room home that was large enough for our family. We sold the Grantsville home for $1,200. The
      dust-bowl condition prevailing that year especially in Kansas and Tooele County, Utah, made us think Grantsville might be worthless before too long. We moved most of our 200 colonies of bees to Salt Lake valley and built an extracting house on to the old garage. We extracted a fair crop of
      honey the first year but from then on the bees were gradually killed out by the smelter smoke in Salt Lake valley. I have a copy of a Bill to Congress
      introduced by our State Bee Inspector and Senator Robinson petitioning for $1825, in payment to D. Stanley Adams for claims against the United States for poisoning of 205 colonies of bees and the loss of honey and combs, by grasshopper bait distributed by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture.
      We think if I had been a large corporation petitioning for a million dollars I could have got it, but little people were not recognized.
      1936 . . . Bryant was born November 16. I was called as East Jordan Stake Mission president and for three years both Linda and I enjoyed that work. As president, I signed the missionary releases. That is why I signed my own release, should you see it and wonder.
      Carter E. Grant, principal of the Jordan Seminary, got us interested in the Koyle Dream Mine to the extent of $600. Others lost so much more than that. One of the Koonz boys was killed while working there.
      As a way out of the depression the Church authorities were urging self-support, raising our own produce and storing up wheat. We rented 40 acres, 1937, bought a horse and rented others to do the plowing and cultivating.
      1938 . . . Raised 1,000 bushels of wheat and 15 tons of tomatoes and tons of beans. Sold the wheat for 50 cents a bushel, the tomatoes at cost and lost on the beans. We got plenty of experience out of it for me and the boys, most of whom were too young to help much with the work. We raised turkeys and pigs also. Carlos was taking the cow to pasture one morning by a tether rope and he tied the other end around his neck. Sure enough he fell down and the cow ran, dragging him. If Dan had not seen it and stopped
      the cow it could have proved fatal.
      In Seminary, Carter Grant had assigned me to teaching the Junior Seminaries because I had a car and could get around. He had no car. I taught in Sandy, Union, Draper, Riverton, West Jordan and Midvale. I never could influence that age of children and during those three or four
      years my usefulness decreased until I was let out. I was given a choice of two Senior Seminaries, one at Roosevelt, the other at south Emery. Still wishing to get back into bees and thinking that the Roosevelt area was
      overstocked, I took South Emery, to live at Ferron.
      1939 . . . Moved to Ferron, Utah Bought a few colonies of bees. Alma left home to work and live with ranchers.
      1941 . . . I was ordained a High Priest, January 18 and made a High Councilman in South Emery Stake. We decided that our children deserved a better environment than that cow country afforded so we asked for a transfer.
      1942 . . . Went to Monroe As Seminary Principal and bought our third home for $3000. It was a brick, ten-room house on an acre of land with barn and orchard. (The brick was painted white). The second world war was on now. Men were selling homes and property cheap and going into
      the service. We sold the Sandy home to buy at Monroe. Alma stayed in Ferron. We had 100 colonies of bees in Ferron. Flora married LaVerd Dobson of Salt Lake City.
      1944 . . . Margaret Wendell Petty of Salina, Utah.
      It is hard to quit a job when you don’t have one
      better in view. I had been looking for something else for years, believing that teaching of any kind was not for me. But regardless of my nine dependents, (seven after the girls married) I quit Seminary teaching and went to California to work with woodrow Miller in the bees. Linda took care of the family and the home. When I returned in July and went to Emery county to look after our interests there, Morris Singleton, president of the county school board, offered me the principalship of the Emery Elementary school, I accepted. At least this would be something different!

      ---- Photo of myself and six boys plus LaVerd Dobson at the Clawson home. The older boys nearly as tall as I now. Alma had just returned from service in the U.S. Army and LaVerd, Flora’s husband had also returned from the service.
      Karl and Don Carlos liked this home at Clawson because they were the big frogs in a little pond. Alma was ordained an Elder about this time (while in the service).

      We bought a farm and home at Clawson - 60 acres and a 4 room house for $4000. This served as our bee farm. The following year we build a bee house on it (upper main floor to extract honey and a lower floor to keep cool and store the honey in). We drove from Clawson to Emery to teach part of the time and stayed in a rented house in Emery part time. ( Had two milk cows there also.)
      1945 . . . The Allies gained victory and ended World War 2.
      - - - Took our bees to Blythe, California for winter and spring. George Stoddard and I decided we would like to try north Idaho for bees. Karl Kartchner got us interested in that section. After a trip to Sandpoint in the winter we prepared to move there. Dan had been called on a mission to Georgia.
      1946 . . . Linda, the boys and I drove to Sandpoint in the pickup. Linda got a job teaching in the Bonner Ferry district (at the McRae one room school with all 8 grades). We bought a home with 3 acres for $6,000. Sold our place in Clawson for $4,000.
      Bryant stayed with Linda in the teacherage at McRae. Alma, Carlos and I went to Moscow, Idaho where Carlos started to school. Alma and I and Karl Kartchner got a job carpentering. Larry, Karl and Dan were in school in Provo. I got fired from my job as carpenter. I took Carlos out of school and to Bonner Ferry. We lived in our unfinished cabin, our house on the property there having a renter in it. - - During Christmas holidays Karl hitch-hiked with Larry, from Provo to Bonner Ferry. (They got into town late at night but did not know where the home was so Karl walked into the only store that was open - a saloon to inquire. He and Alma came out together and Alma brought them to our house on the north side of the Kootenai river about half mile or more from town). After Christmas Alma and I drove them back in the GMC (1936) pickup. It took three days in
      subzero weather, and much motor trouble.
      1947 . . . I left the pickup in Salt Lake and returned by bus to Bonners Ferry where Linda had secured a teaching job for me in the High School teaching Chemistry and Physics. This was so different from Seminary teaching, I felt in my element here, and enjoyed teaching these subjects for the next fourteen years.
      1948 . . . This was the year of the big flood on the Kootenai River. All the dikes from Bonners Ferry to Canada, 30 miles, went out. Water was two to
      three feet deep in most of the houses and stores in town. It ruined the floor in the high school. Alma and Carlos worked on the dikes until they broke.
      An earth-slide came down the hill at the south edge of the business district within two blocks of the high school. It went clear through the lower floor of a two story house burrying a man and woman in their sleep. But the
      children up stairs were unhurt.
      After her first year of teaching in Idaho Linda taught in the state of Washington. Karl received a call for a mission and he, thinking we could not afford to keep him out there, said so. Linda told him if he went she would get and keep a job teaching. He did, and she did.
      (Note by Bryant: Father had a habit of using mild profanity such as dammit or
      hell, especially when talking about the left wing politicians. But I never heard him use the Lord’s name in vain nor any vulgar profanity. About this time I was given an assignment to talk in Sacrament meeting on profanity.
      Having prepared it I rehearsed it for father. He then suggested “you might add that you had never heard your father say anything in private that he would not say in public or at church.I responded, with “Yes (pause) but it
      would not be true.” He then said I guess you’r right. – I never heard him use any profanity after that.)

      1950 . . . Linda got a job in Walla Walla schools. We bought our fifth home for $7,500 for her there in Walla Walla on Cherry St. near the school she taught at. For two or three summers we worked at the pea cannery there and Bryant got his foot run over by a freight train after leaving the graveyard shift at the cannery. He spent the next 6 weeks in the hospital. Alma and I had moved a hundred colonies of our bees on a truck
      from Clawson, Utah to Bonners Ferry, Idaho. The bees all died out in a couple or three years (apparently due to a viral disease called foul brood).

      Photo 1960 . The three living children of Alma Dorus Adams and Ellen Lavina Powell: Stanley, George and Luella with their spouses:
      Linda, Loretta and Oscar. (Luella’s first husband, Clarence Moore had died in 1945). This was by our trailer house in Nelson’s Park in Salt Lake City. We had retired from teaching and came from Oregon for the summer.

      Bryant was with Linda at Walla Walla; Larry was with me at Bonners Ferry. Bryant got rheumatic fever after the measles. I got pneumonia which took me six months to recover from.
      1952 . . . After the cannery closed Bryant, mother and I drove the Studebaker sedan to Mexico to get Karl from his 2 & half year mission.
      1953 . . . Linda taught at Hartline, Washington. After school closed we worked in the cannery in Walla Walla. Bryant had just started working
      there when he got his foot run over by a freight train and had to be hospitalized for the summer. After summer school Dan came from BYU to be with Bryant while Linda and I went to For Ord, California to see Karl
      as he was leaving overseas in the military service. He spent 3 years in Germany. Carlos is on a 2 an half year mission in Texas with the Spanish speakilng people.
      1954 . . . I got a stipend of $150 to attend summer shcool at Laramie, Wyoming studying Chemistry. Linda and I attended U. of Wyo. Six weeks.
      On our return to Bonners Ferry we tried to find a place where we could
      both teach in the same town. We found it in Huntington, Oregon. On to Bonners where we advertised and had our place sold within a week for
      1954-7 . . . We taught in Huntington three years. Larry was sent to New Zealand on a mission. I got a fellowship with General Electric to study Chemistry at Syracuse University, New York for 8 weeks. On my return I visited Palmyra, N. Y. Niagara Falls and Bryant who was serving a mission in Toronto, Canada.
      Linda had been let out, by an insane superintendent, Chrisman, in Huntington so we applied for and got jobs in the Central Linn Schools at
      Brownsville, Oregon. Linda got $4500 there. My work was science and math.
      1958 . . . Linda graduated from the BYU with her second degree.
      1960 . . . We retired and went to Ontario, Oregon and lived in a trailer we had brought from Eugene. I was working for the Ore-Ida Food which work would close up soon. Linda wanted to work so we went to the employment
      bureau and they talked us into taking a two room, 8 grade school at Westfall, 12 miles off the highway out in a wild cow country. The salary was not enough for both of us so I donated half of my time and drew only
      $1200 for the seven months the school ran. That way I could also draw social Security which we became eligible for when we started teaching in Oregon. We were Stake Missionaries while here.
      1961 . .. We retired again and were called on a mission, this time to New England. We left September 1 1961; returned to Utah June 1 1964. We spent 23 months of that time at Sydney, Nova Scotia; 5 months at Rutland, Vt. Where I got interested in the genealogy of my great grandfather (Joshua
      Adams); and 5 months at Concord, N.H.
      1964 . . . After returning from our mission Linda became bedfast for a month with rheumatoid arthritis. We went to Arizona for the winter; returned to Orem, Utah and lived in our trailer for the summer, 1965.
      1965 . . . Bought a larger trailer and moved it to Mesa, Ariz.
      1966 . . . After our memberships came there we were called to a Stake Mission to work with the Pima, Papago and Shoshone Indians on the reservation. We enjoyed that I believe more than any other missionary work. In Primary, Linda has a class of 26 little Indians.

  • Sources 
    1. [S32] Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.), Ancestry Family Trees.

    2. [S163] Web: Western States Marriage Index, 1809-2011, (Online publication - Brigham Young University–Idaho.).
      Marriage date: 1920 Marriage place: Salt Lake, Utah

    3. [S156], Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Operations, Inc., 2012.Original data - United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Sixteenth Census of the United States, 1940. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1940. T62), Year: 1940; Census Place: Ferron, Emery, Utah; Roll: T627_4212; Page: 5B; Enumeration District: 8-12.
      Birth date: abt 1895 Birth place: Utah Residence date: 1 Apr 1940 Residence place: Ferron, Emery, Utah, United States

    4. [S231], Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Operations Inc, 2004.Original data - United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Twelfth Census of the United States, 1900. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1900. T623, 1), Year: 1900; Census Place: Farmer, Salt Lake, Utah; Roll: T623_31077_4115260; Page: 22A; Enumeration District: 0065; FHL microfilm: 1241685.
      Birth date: Mar 1894 Birth place: Utah Residence date: 1900 Residence place: Farmer, Salt Lake, Utah, USA

    5. [S232], Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Operations Inc, 2006.Original data - Thirteenth Census of the United States, 1910 (NARA microfilm publication T624, 1,178 rolls). Records of the Bureau of the Census, Record Group 29. National Archives, Wa), Year: 1910; Census Place: Rigby, Fremont, Idaho; Roll: T624_224; Page: 8B; Enumeration District: 0135; Image: ; FHL microfilm: 1374237.
      Birth date: abt 1894 Birth place: Utah Residence date: 1910 Residence place: Rigby, Fremont, Idaho, USA

    6. [S427], Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Operations Inc, 2005.Original data - United States, Selective Service System. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Admin), Registration Location: Jefferson County, Idaho; Roll: ; Draft Board: .
      Birth date: 7 Mar 1894 Birth place: Utah,United States of America Residence date: Residence place: Jefferson, Idaho

    7. [S268] Banks, Ray, comp., Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Operations Inc, 2000.).
      Birth date: 7 Mar 1894 Birth place: Salt Lake City UT Residence date: Residence place: Jefferson

    8. [S192], Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Operations Inc, 2010. Images reproduced by FamilySearch.Original data - Fourteenth Census of the United States, 1920. (NARA microfilm publication T625, 2076 rolls). Records of the Bureau of the Census, Rec), Year: 1920; Census Place: Bountiful, Davis, Utah; Roll: ; Page: ; Enumeration District: ; Image: .
      Birth date: abt 1896 Birth place: Utah Residence date: 1920 Residence place: Bountiful, Davis, Utah, USA

    9. [S162], Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Operations, Inc., 2011.Original data - Original sources vary according to directory. The title of the specific directory being viewed is listed at the top of the image viewer page. Check the directory tit).
      Residence date: 1939 Residence place: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

    10. [S823], Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Operations Inc, 2002.Original data - Washington State Department of Health. State Death Records Index, 1940-1996. Microfilm. Washington State Archives, Olympia, Washington.Original data: Washington State D).
      Birth date: abt 1894 Birth place: Death date: 25 Mar 1990 Death place: Clark Residence date: Residence place: Clark

    11. [S167], Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Operations Inc, 2011.Original data - Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Social Security Administration.Original data: Social Security Administration. Social Security ), Number: 529-24-1173; Issue State: Utah; Issue Date: Before 1951.
      Birth date: 7 Mar 1894 Birth place: Death date: 25 Mar 1990 Death place: Manti, Sanpete, Utah, USA

    12. [S168] Utah State Historical Society, comp., Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Operations Inc, 2000.Original data - Utah State Historical Society. Utah Cemetery Inventory. Salt Lake City, UT, USA: 2000.Original data: Utah State Historical Society. Utah Cemetery Inventory. Salt Lake C).
      Birth date: 7 March 1894 Birth place: Salt Lake City, Utah Death date: 25 March 1990 Death place: Washington

    13. [S602], Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Operations Inc, 2004.Original data - This index was created from cemetery inscriptions and records from the Salt Lake City Cemetery located at 200 N. Street, Salt Lake City, Utah.Original data: This index ).
      Birth date: 7 Mar 1894 Birth place: Salt Lake City , , Utah Death date: 25 Mar 1990 Death place: Washington

    14. [S170], Unknown, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Operations, Inc., 2012.Original data - Find A Grave. Find A Grave. accessed 23 March 2012.Original data: Find A Grave. Find A Grave.
      Birth date: 7 Mar 1894 Birth place: Death date: 25 Mar 1990 Death place: